Buscar contenido en tableros de mensajes

Isom Lewis Finch

Publicado: 1573929571000
Clasificación: Consulta
Apellidos: Finch, Simmons, Goings
Looking for any records from 1920 of Isom Lewis Finch (my maternal grandfather) and Mary Goings (South Carolina). Neither are on the 1920 census. They had a child Floyd Finch in March 1920 (no birth certificate). Isom Lewis died in March 1926.
My grandmother Orba Simmons Finch and Isom Lewis Finch were married in 1916. In 1920 she and son Morris and daughter Martha are on the 1920 census as living with her father Moses Simmons, no mention of Isom Lewis. In Dec 1920 my mother Lena Evelyn Finch was born. Subsequent to his death in March 1926 he had 5 more children (Martha died) with wife Orba and Floyd with Mary Goings. We are confirmed related to Floyd via DNA testing. I'm looking for any link to Isom and Mary.

Re: Isom Lewis Finch

Publicado: 1573940103000
I'm confused. Subsequent = after. Do you mean he had children who were born after he died? (It CAN happen, but five would mean multiple women were pregnant.)

Publicado: 1574033732000
Do you have any data for Mary Goings, i.e. birthdate/place. Was Floyd raised by Mary, and what surname did he use?

Publicado: 1574033790000
Sorry... Prior to his death in 1926 he had 8 children. 7 with his wife Orba and 1 with Mary Goings.
Other than the grammatical correction, do you have any information pertinent to the query?

Publicado: 1575738674000
Hi Martha,

I found Floyd's obit in The State, Columbia, SC, dated April 26, 1994. He died April 25 in Darlington. Because I have a new computer, OS, and printer problems, I have to type out the obit here for you:

"Floyd Finch
Darlington - Services for Floyd Finch, 74, will be held at 4 p.m. Wednesday at Swift Creek Baptist Church. Visitation will be from 7 to 9 tonight at Kistler Funeral Home.

Mr. Finch died Monday, April 25, 1994. Born in Berkeley County, he was a son of the late Issam and Mary Goings Finch. He was an ordained lay minister and a member of Darlington Moose Lodge, Honorary Sheriffs Association and Swift Creek Baptist Church.

Surviving are his wife, Lawton S Finch; a son, Floyd Finch Jr. of Lamar; daughters, Mary Anderson of Briscoe, N.C. and Dorothy Anderson of Darlington; eight grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren."

[Floyd was born March 12, 1920. His wife Lawton died in 2002 at age 80. ] I then found a mention for marriage licenses in the Evening Post (Charleston, SC) dated June 4, 1919 for Isom L Fitch and Mary Goings. [Fitch, not Finch.] So, if Isom was still married to Orba, and was going to marry Mary also - well, that's bigamy if they went through with it. If they didn't go through with it, then who if anybody did she eventually marry? I can't find them in a 1920 Census either. But they both were obviously in SC in the summer of 1919.....

In other news....

Julian Edward Finch March 3, 1922 - Aug 11, 2007 Hopkinsville, KY.
Morris Leonard Finch May 4, 1917 Boston, GA - Dec 26, 2006 Benbrook, TX.
Neal Archie Finch Nov 25, 1924 Moultrie, GA - April 13, 2007 Temple Terrace, FL
por página

Buscar un tablero sin un tema específico